Facts of Sung Dong-il
|Full Name:||Sung Dong-il|
|Net Worth:||$1 million to $5 million|
|Height:||5 feet 9 inches (1.75m)|
Sung Dong-il is a well-known South Korean comedian and actor. Sung Dong-il began his career in the theater before moving on to movies and dramas.
How old is Sung Dong-il?
Sung Dong-il was born on April 27, 1964. He is from Incheon, South Korea. He is currently 57 years old, and his zodiac sign is Taurus. On the internet, there is no information about his family history. In terms of his educational background, he excelled in academics and thus aspired to a career in engineering.
But the acting bug bit him in high school. Nonetheless, he saw it as more of a hobby than a passion. After finishing high school, he struggled to gain admission to a technical college. Finally, he was accepted into the Mechanical Design program at Yuhan University.
Sung saw it as a pastime, and the routine continued until 1987. Then he tried his hand at professional theatre. As a result, his reputation grew even more, and when he auditioned for the ‘SBS Open Talent’ auditions in 1991, he was one of the very few who were successful.
How much is Sung Dong-il’s Net Worth?
This talented and successful actor undoubtedly earns a good living. For a long time, his acting career has earned him a good living. However, his net worth in 2021 is estimated to be between $1 million and $5 million.
Is Sung Dong-il dating someone?
Sung is a married man. He dated Park Kyung-Hye for several years before marrying her in 2003. In addition, the couple has three children, born in 2006, 2008, and 2011. He is mostly close to his son, Joon, and admitted that when he received an offer to appear on a show with him, he was initially perplexed.
But, later, he was glad to say yes because he believes the show made him a better parent. Sung also stated that it made him more aware of some of his own flaws as a person. The names of his other sons are not publicly available on the internet.
How tall is Sung Dong-il?
This tall and attractive man stands 5 feet 9 inches tall. And he has a balancing and matching weight that suits his body physique quite well. However, his weight is not disclosed. His other body measurements, such as chest-waist-hip measurements, dress size, shoe size, and so on, are also unknown. Furthermore, he has dark brown eyes and black hair that has begun to turn grey as he has gotten older.
Career line of Sung Dong-il
- Sung is a professional actor and comedian. As a result of SBS’s talent search, Sung was cast in the network’s comedy series ‘Gwanchon Essay.’
- Later on, he began to receive more roles, the majority of which were minor. As a result, he took every offer that came his way and continued to make people laugh.
- Similarly, in the late 1990s, he appeared in series such as ‘Korea Gate,’ ‘The Bicycle-Riding Woman,’ and ‘Snail.’ He also appeared in the 1999 film ‘Love in Three Colors.’
- Similarly, he made his film debut with ‘Running 7 Dogs’ in 2001. He continued to appear on television in series such as ‘Rustic Period’ and ‘South of the Sun.’ Furthermore, his performance as a manager in ‘Drama City’ was praised by many viewers.
- Sung’s career was launched in 2006 with the success of the romantic comedy ‘200 Pounds Beauty.’ As a result, he became one of Korean cinema’s most dependable supporting actors, displaying his comic skills and easy charm in films such as ‘Take Off,’ ‘Foxy Festival,’ ‘Children…,’ ‘The Suicide Forecast,’ and ‘The Client.’
- He was also cast as one of the main characters in the comedy film ‘Once Upon a Time,’ which was set during WWII.
- Fortunately, the film was a success, resulting in more roles for Sung. He was being lauded as one of the most bankable supporting actors in both films and television series.
- Meanwhile, while he was appearing in successful TV shows such as ‘My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox’ and ‘New Heart,’ he was concentrating on landing decent film roles.
- Sung also appeared in variety shows such as ‘Delicious Asia’ and ‘Dream of Goose,’ as well as other popular variety shows of the time. Sung also appeared in the drama ‘Sisyphus: The Myth.’
- In 2010, he starred in the television series ‘The Slave Hunters.’ There, he underwent a major transformation as he took on a negative role for the first time in his career.
- As a result, he also won the ‘Best Supporting Actor Award’ at that year’s KBS Drama Awards. In addition, for ‘Take Off,’ he received Best Supporting Actor Awards from the ‘Blue Dragon Film Awards,’ ‘Max Movie Awards,’ and ‘Chunsa Film Art Awards.’
- Sung delivered another award-winning performance as the lead in ‘Jang Ok-Jung, Living by Love.’ He received the ‘Excellence Award’ at the 2013 SBS Drama Awards for his efforts. In 2014, he won the same award for the second time for the series ‘It’s Okay, That’s Love.’ He also appeared in ‘Hwarang.’
- Aside from his acting roles, he also appeared on the reality show ‘Dad! Where Are We Going?’ He appeared on the show with his biological son.
- As a result, the show featured five celebrity fathers and their children on camping trips. And his relationship with his son became one of the show’s main talking points.
- He also appeared in ‘The Suck Up Project: Mr. XXX-Kisser,’ the 3D blockbuster ‘Mr. Go,’ and the mystery-comedy ‘The Accidental Detective.’
- Similarly, in 2016, he appeared in series such as “Dear My Friends” and “The Legend of the Blue Sea.” Sung was also praised for his roles as a villain in ‘The Slave Hunters’ and as a gruff but caring father in ‘Reply 1997’ and its spin-offs ‘Reply 1994’ and ‘Reply 1988.’