Facts of Steve Yzerman
|Full Name:||Steve Yzerman|
|Birthplace:||Cranbrook, British Columbia|
|Net Worth:||$50 million|
|Height:||5 feet 10 inches (1.78m)|
|Profession:||ice hockey player|
|Sibling:||(Four) Gray Yzerman, Christopher Yzerman, Ronnie-Jean Yzerman, and Michael Yzerman|
Steve Yzerman is a well-known retired Canadian ice hockey player. From 1983 to 2006, Steve Yzerman was a member of the Detroit Red Wings.
How old is Steve Yzerman?
Steve Yzerman was born on May 9, 1965, in Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada. Steve is currently 56 years old. He is of American-Canadian nationality and follows the Christian religion. Similarly, his zodiac sign is Taurus. In terms of her parents, Steve was born to his father Ron Yzerman and his mother Jean Yzerman. Likewise, he grew up with four siblings: Gray Yzerman, Christopher Yzerman, Ronnie-Jean Yzerman, and Michael Yzerman.
In terms of his educational background, Steve graduated from Bell High School. At the moment, no information about his future education is available.
How much is Steve Yzerman’s net worth?
Throughout his career, Steve has amassed a sizable fortune. As of 2020, his net worth is estimated to be more than $50 million USD. Steve has amassed a sizable collection of properties and assets as a result of his NHL career. Furthermore, Steve currently receives a yearly salary of $2.4 million US dollars from his club.
Steve has won numerous awards as a talented hockey player. NHL All-Star Game Roster (1984, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1997, 1999, 2000), Lester B. Pearson Award (1989), Conn Smythe Trophy (1998), NHL First Team All-Star (2000), Frank J. Selke Trophy (2000), Stanley Cup champion – as a player (1997, 1998, 2002), Stanley Cup champion – as an executive (2008), Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy (2003), and Lester Patrick Trophy (2003) are among his awards (2006).
Who is Steve Yzerman married to?
On June 10, 1989, Steve Yzerman married his long-time girlfriend Lisa Brennan. The couple has three children: Isabella Katherine, Maria Charlotte, and Sophia Rose. Steve has a happy family life. There is no information about his previous relationships.
How tall is Steve Yzerman?
Steve is tall and has kept his body in shape despite being a player. Steve is 5 feet 11 inches (1.84m) tall and weighs 84 kg (185 lbs.). Similarly, his body measurements (chest-waist-biceps) are 44-32-14.5 inches. Steve also has brown hair and dark brown eyes.
Career line of Steve Yzerman
- Steve began his career as a member of the Nepean Raiders junior hockey team. He then played for the Peterborough Petes. Later, he joined his long-time team, the Detroit Red Wings.
- Soon after, he was named captain, and he served in that capacity for the next two decades. Steve was only 21 years old when he took over as captain.
- In 1997, the Detroit Red Wings defeated the Philadelphia Flyers in the Stanely Cup finals. Steve’s popularity skyrocketed after he led the team to victory in the Stanley Cup.
- Steve has represented his country in numerous international tournaments, including the Olympics. Steve won an Olympic gold medal in 2002. After resigning in 2006, he served as Team Canada’s general manager during the IIHF World Championship in 2007, which they won.
- During his captaincy, the Detroit Red Wings won three Stanley Cups (in 1997, 1998, and 2002).
- Steve hung up his skates on July 3, 2006. In his most recent game, he set the seventh highest driving score in NHL history. Following his retirement as a player, Steve worked in the club’s front office. In addition, Steve was the general manager of the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Steve also served as an official executive for Team Canada in two Olympics.
- According to the one-year agreement, Steve reported leaving his position as Lightning general administrator on September 11, 2018. Nonetheless, he has agreed to remain with them as the group instructor to the proprietor and representative Jeffrey Vinik.