Facts of Sam Heughan
|Full Name:||Sam Heughan|
|Net Worth:||$5 million|
|Height:||6 feet 1 inches|
|Sibling:||One (Cirdan Heughan)|
|Education:||Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, Glasgow, Scotland|
Sam Heughan is a well-known face in the Scottish entertainment industry. Sam Heughan is a stage and screen actor best known for his roles as Jamie Fraser in the Starz series Outlander from 2014 to the present.
How old is Sam Heughan?
Sam was born on April 30, 1980. Balmaclellan, United Kingdom, is where he was born. His given name is Sam Roland Heughan. He is 40 years old. Chrissie Heughan is the name of his mother. Taurus is his zodiac sign. His nationality is Scottish, and he practices Christianity.
He was born in New Galloway, Dumfriesshire, Scotland, and grew up with his brother Cirdan. His astrological sign is Taurus. His nationality is British. He is well-known for playing Jamie Fraser in the Starz series.
Sam went to Kell’s Primary School for his education. Later, he attended the Edinburgh Rudolph Steiner School. He then enrolled at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in Glasgow, Scotland, where he graduated in 2003.
How much does Sam Heughan earn?
Sam earns a decent amount of money and fame as an actor in the entertainment industry. According to some online sources, his current net worth is estimated to be $5 million. In addition, he ran the Stirling and EMF Edinburgh Marathons to raise funds for Cahonas Cotland and Awareness Programme, as well as Testicular Cancer Education.
Who is Sam Heughan’s Wife?
In terms of Sam Heughan’s romantic relationship, he is not yet married. Since mid-2018, he has been dating actress Amy Shiels. His ex-girlfriends include Abbie Salt (2014), Caitriona Balfe (2014 – 2016), Cody Kennedy (2014 – 2015), and Mackenzie Mauzy (2016 – 2018).
Scandals of Sam Heughan
Sam Heughan broke his silence on a long-simmering issue that the actor has dealt with off-screen since he first rose to fame as Jamie Fraser on Starz’s Outlander series. Heughan blasted the “personal slurs, shaming, abuse, death threats, stalking, sharing of private information, and vile, false narrative” he and everyone in his life had been subjected to in a four-part note posted to Twitter on April 17.
Though “legal reasons” prevent him from being more specific, the actor stated that he “will not entertain it anymore and am blocking anyone who writes anything defamatory or abusive.”
The actor went on to say that the dangerous and abusive behavior has also been directed toward fellow cast members, friends, family, and “in fact anyone I’m associated with,” and that the perpetrators “are professionals: teachers, psychologists, adults who should know better.
” For years, Heughan has reacted to these violations with near-supernatural grace (being rude to people you encounter probably isn’t allowed at your job, either). Fortunately, Twitter responses from fans, including Outlander co-stars like Governor Tryon’s Tim Downie, have been sympathetic and encouraging. And Heughan has every right to block those who don’t know where the actor ends and the fictional Jamie Fraser begins.
How tall is Sam Heughan?
Sam Heughan’s body statistics show that he is 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighs around 89 kg. His biceps measure 16.5 inches. He has blonde hair and blue eyes. Similarly, his waist is 34 inches and his chest is 46 inches. He has a slim build and wears size 12 (UK) shoes. Furthermore, as an actor, he has an athletic and well-maintained body type.
Career line of Sam Heughan
- Sam made his acting debut in the 2001 short film Small Moments. He has also appeared in a number of other films, including Young Alexander the Great (2010), emulsion (2013), Heart of Lightness (2014), The Adventure Show (2018), and others.
- In addition to his film career, he has appeared on television. His first television series was Island at War, which aired in 2004. He played Andrew Murray in River City in 2005.
- Sam was a powerful presence in Midsomer Murders (2007), Doctors (2007), and Doctors (2009). (2009). He has also appeared in a number of TV movies, including A Very British Sex Scandal (2007), Breaking the Mould: The Story of Penicilin (2009), A Princess for Christmas (2011), The Adventure Show (2018), and Outlander (2018-Present).
- In 2013, the actor was also cast as the lead in the drama series Outlander. The series was based on historical time travel. He was cast alongside Catriona Balfe, Tobias Menzies, Duncan Lacroix, and Nell Hudson. Sam is well-liked for his work in Outlander, and for his outstanding performance, he has received three Saturn Awards, two People’s Choice Awards, Critics’ Choice Television Awards, Gold Derby TV Awards, and two The Anglophile Channel Awards.
- In 2018, he co-starred as MI-6 agent Sebastian in Lionsgate’s comedy The Spy Who Dumped Me, alongside Mila Kunis and Kate McKinnon, which he shot during an Outlander hiatus.
- Heughan appeared as the Mirror Master in the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment video game Lego DC Super-Villains the same year.
- His upcoming film projects include Bloodshot, SAS: Red Notice, and An Unquiet Life, which is currently in post-production and will be released in 2020. Sam Heughan attended the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in Glasgow as well.
- He portrays Jamie Fraser in the Starz Outlander series, which is based on author Diana Gabaldon’s book series of the same name.
- Furthermore, he narrated the eighth installment of author Cassandra Clare’s “Shadowhunter Academy” series, “The Fiery Trial,” which was released in September 2015.
- As President of Bloodwise Scotland, he is an active supporter of Youth Theatre Arts Scotland and Bloodwise (formerly Leukemia and Lymphoma Research) (2015).
- In 2015, he co-founded My Peak Challenge with Every Day Athlete personal trainer John Valbonesi; a global, community-based organization that raises money for charitable causes such as Bloodwise and Marie Curie while also encouraging members to succeed in fitness and personal challenges.
- Sam Heughan was named Scotland President of the blood cancer charity Bloodwise in November 2016.
- The actor has participated in several marathons and triathlons on behalf of Bloodwise, as well as other fundraising efforts in the fight against blood cancer.
Awards and Nominations of Sam Heughan
The actor was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for his performance in the Outlying Islands, which premiered at the Royal Court Theatre in 2002. Sam Heughan received 61 percent of the votes for BBC Anglo Fan Favourite Man of the Year in 2014, defeating David Tennant. Similarly, he received four Saturn Award nominations and a Critics Choice Award nomination for Best On-Screen Character in the drama series Outlander. In addition, he was nominated for a 2003 Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for Most Promising Newcomer of 2002 for his performance in the Outlying Islands at the Royal Court Theatre Upstairs.