Facts of Pilar Pellicer
|Full Name:||Pilar Pellicer|
|Net Worth:||$64 million|
|Sibling:||Eight (Pina, Ana, and six others)|
Pilar Pellicer is a well-known Mexican actress. Pilar Pellicer is well-known for her roles in films such as “El vendedor de muecas,” “The Life of Agustn Lara,” “Escuela de Verano,” “La Fièvre Monte à El Pao,” “Quinceaera,” and others. Sadly, she died in May 2020 after a battle with COVID-19.
COVID-19 defeats Mexican actress!
Pilar Pellicer, a veteran actress, died on May 16, 2020. During the global pandemic, she died from COVID19 complications. The National Institute of Fine Arts and Literature (INBAL) of Mexico confirmed her death. During these difficult times, many well-known people expressed their condolences to her family.
Someone else mentioned Pilar Pellicer, a Mexican film and theater actress who appeared in over 40 films and plays. Pilar also left an imprint on her work in twenty soap operas and dozens of unit programs.
The National Association of Interpreters (ANDI) also mourned Pellicer’s death and expressed condolences to her daughter, actress Ariane Pellicer. In another message, actress and singer Luca Méndez described the actress’s death as “a great loss” and expressed her “deepest condolences to the family.”
Furthermore, the actress’s death joins the demise of Mexican singer Yoshio, who was of Japanese descent. Yoshio died last Wednesday after spending several days in the hospital due to coronavirus complications.
Until this Friday, Mexican health officials reported 4,767 deaths and 45,032 cases of COVID-19 across the country.
How old is Pilar Pellicer?
Pilar Pellicer’s full name is Pilar Pellicer López de Llergo, and she was born on February 2, 1938. She was 83 years old when she died in a battle with the coronavirus during the COVID-19 global pandemic that devastated Mexico. She is originally from Villahermosa, Tabasco.
César Pellicer Sánchez and Pilar López de Llergo are Pilar’s parents. Her father worked as a lawyer. Similarly, both of her parents are from Tabasco. Pilar is the niece of Carlos Pellicer Cámara, a Mexican poet who was part of the first wave of modernist Mexican poets. Carlos was also active in the promotion of Mexican art, photography, and literature.
Pilar’s other family members include her sisters Pina Pellicer and Ana Pellicer, as well as six other siblings. Pina was a Mexican actress best known for playing the female lead in Macario (1960). She is also known in the United States as Louisa from One-Eyed Jacks. She co-starred in this film directed by Marlon Brando. Ana, likewise, is a Mexican sculptor, artisan, and jewelry maker.
Pilar Pellicer studied at the Academy of Contemporary Dance when she was 18 years old. Seki Sano trained her there. She later gave up dancing to study philosophy at Mexico’s National Autonomous University. Pilar also attended the Instituto Nacional de Bellas Artes y Literatura.
How much is Pilar Pellicer’s net worth?
The well-known actress had a net worth of $64 million dollars. She made money by participating in a variety of theatrical projects, movies, and television shows.
Is Pilar Pellicer single?
Pilar Pellicer was a divorcee at the time of her death. She was previously married to James Metcalf. They married while Pilar was in Paris working in film, television, and theater. They had three children together. They were Ariane Pellicer, a daughter, and two sons. Their daughter is also an actress. Furthermore, Pilar was James’ third wife.
Career line of Pilar Pellicer
- Pilar Pellicer was a well-known actress. Pilar was also nominated for an Ariel Award for Best Actress for her performance in the film La Choca. Similarly, in 1955, she made her acting debut in the film El vendedor de muecas (The Seller of Dolls). Pilar began her career as an extra in the late 1950s. It was the Golden Age of Mexican cinema at the time.
- Pilar, however, spent two years as a dancer touring Mexico and the United States before entering the acting world. At the Academy of Contemporary Dance, she studied under Seki Sano.
- Furthermore, the actress made her debut as a supporting actress under the direction of the legendary director Luis Buuel. It first appeared in the 1959 film Nazarn.
- Pilar played the role of Luca in the film. This film won the International Prize at the 1959 Cannes International Film Festival. Pilar also collaborated with notable actors such as Marga López, Rita Macedo, Ignacio López Tarso, and Ofelia Guilmáin on the film.
- Pilar received a scholarship from the French Institute for Latin America to study acting in Paris the same year. She stayed for six years, working in film, television, and theatre. During this time, the actress married American sculptor James Metcalf.
- Pilar and her sister, Pina, later started working in the cinema at the same time. They were both experts in their respective fields. Pilar has directed and produced plays in recent years. She lived in Polanco, Mexico City. Pilar also appeared in several well-known films, including La choca (1974), Pedro Páramo (1967), and Muchachitas (1977). (1991).
- Pilar’s other films include The Life of Agustn Lara (1959), Escuela de Verano (1959), La Fièvre Monte à El Pao (1959), Quinceaera (1960), Pedro Páramo (1967), The Bandits (1967), Day of the Evil Gun (1968), and others.