Facts of Nick Diaz
|Full Name:||Nick Diaz|
|Net Worth:||$3 million|
|Height:||6 feet 1 inches (1.85m)|
|Profession:||Mix Martial Artist, 3rd Degree Black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu|
|Sibling:||Two (Nathan and Nina)|
Nick Diaz is a well-known American mixed martial artist. Nick Diaz has been a 3rd Degree Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu since May 2007. He has also appeared in ‘Fight Life’ alongside his brother, Nate.
How old is Nick Diaz?
Nick Diaz was born on August 2, 1983, and he is currently 37 years old. His full name is Nickolas Robert Diaz. Similarly, Nick is from Stockton, California, and he is a Leo. In terms of family, Nick has a younger brother named Nathan and a younger sister named Nina. Her mother was primarily responsible for raising her three siblings.
Nick’s mother’s name is Melissa, but his father’s identity is unknown because he was not present much as he grew up. Nick began training in karate and aikido at a young age. During his adolescence, Nick Diaz competed in wrestling tournaments.
In terms of his educational experience, Nick attended Tokay High School in Lodi, California. Diaz, on the other hand, only stayed for a year before dropping out. As a freshman, Nick was a member of the swim team.
Nick began his Sambo training at the age of 16 under Valeri Ignatov. Valeri is the Bulgarian National Sambo Champion. Around the same time, young Nick began training in mixed martial arts under Steve Heath. He made this decision after seeing Renzo Gracie in the UFC. Nick trained at the Animal House gym before joining Cesar Gracie’s team. Cesar Gracie promoted Nick to black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu on May 8, 2007.
How much is Nick Diaz’s Net Worth?
As of April 2021, the MMA fighter had 1,449 posts and over 1.5 million followers on his official Instagram account. Similarly, Nick can be found on Snapchat as @diaz5150nick. Moving on, Nick Diaz’s net worth is estimated to be around $3 million US dollars.
Controversies of Nick Diaz
On the 25th of May 2018, it was reported that authorities had arrested Nick Diaz the day before. He was charged with two counts of domestic battery, a felony for strangulation, and a misdemeanor battery charge. On August 30, 2018, it was revealed that the charges against the MMA fighter had been dropped in July 2018. This was when a grand jury decided not to indict Nick due to inconsistencies in the complainant’s story.
Is Nick Diaz dating someone?
Nick Diaz is most likely single at the moment. Nick hasn’t shared any social media posts that could hint at his current lover affairs or relationships. Nick had a romantic relationship with Stephanie in the past. Unfortunately, Stephanie committed suicide by walking in front of oncoming traffic just before Nick’s professional MMA debut. Nick went to Stephanie’s grave every day after she died. The MMA fighter promised his lover that he would become the fighter she had always wished for him to be.
How tall is Nick Diaz?
Nick Diaz is approximately 6 feet 1 inch or 185 cm tall. Similarly, the MMA fighter weighs 77 kg (170 lbs) or 12 stone. Nick’s chest-waist-hip measurements are 42-33-35 inches, and he wears shoe size 11 according to UK standards. Furthermore, the MMA fighter has brown eyes and hair of the same color.
Career line of Nick Diaz
- Nick Diaz is a well-known mixed martial artist. Nick began his professional career in 2001. Since then, Nick has competed in the UFC, World Extreme Cagefighting (WEC), PRIDE, Shooto, EliteXC, Strikeforce, and DREAM. The MMA fighter is a former IFC, Strikeforce, and WEC welterweight champion.
- Nick Diaz is currently teaching Brazilian jiu-jitsu alongside his brother Nathan. They both work in Lodi, California. The siblings are also pro-cannabis activists and long-time vegans. Similarly, the MMA fighter appears in the feature-length documentary Fight Life, which was released in 2013.
- This documentary follows the lives of MMA fighters outside of the cage. This documentary was directed by James Z. Feng, an independent filmmaker. In addition, James won the “Best Documentary Award” at the United Film Festival.
- In addition, Nick was the first winner of the Strikeforce Welterweight World Title in 2009. The MMA fighter defeated Jeremy Jackson via submission at UFC 44 in September 2003, Koji Oishi via KO at UFC 53 in June 2005, Robbie Lawler via KO at UFC 47 in April 2004, and Drew Fickett via TKO at UFC 51 in February 2005.
- Nick Diaz holds a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu under Cesar Gracie. Nick excels at both gi and no-gi jiu-jitsu. Nick’s major titles include a US Purple Belt Open in 2004 and a Pan-American Brown Belt Medium Weight Division title in 2005.
- In addition, Nick has a win over Jorge Patino. Jorge is a well-known grappler whom Nick defeated in a competition using a kneebar. The MMA fighter is also well-known for having a modified BJJ style that suits his MMA career. Furthermore, Nick’s favorite submission is the kimura.
- The MMA fighter is also a professional boxer. He competes in the Super Middleweight division. Nick then made his professional boxing debut in April 2005. This was his first fight, and he faced Alfonso Rocha. The fight was held at the Radisson Hotel in Sacramento, California.
- Nick won the fight by unanimous decision after four rounds. Nick, on the other hand, has not fought in this field since. Luisito Espinosa trained both the MMA fighter and his brother. Luisito is a former WBA and WBC World Champion.
- Furthermore, the siblings trained with Jason “Gumby” Schrumpf. Nick also trains in sambo with Val Ignatov. Val is a former UFC fighter.
- Furthermore, Nick has an unusual boxing style for MMA. He relies on volume punching rather than full power. The MMA fighter also throws hard punches from time to time. CompuStrike compiles statistics from MMA fights.
- It shows Nick attempting 181 strikes in one round. This is the most total strikes thrown in any round that CompuStrike has recorded.
- In addition, Nick is well-known for trash-talking his opponents during fights. For fun, the MMA fighter also participates in triathlons. Nick also employs endurance and consistently applies pressure to his opponent. The American martial artist also quickens the pace of the fight.