Facts of Martha Stewart
|Full Name:||Martha Stewart|
|Net Worth:||$400 million|
|Height:||4 feet 10 inches (1.47m)|
|Profession:||Businesswoman, Entrepreneur, Author|
Martha Stewart is an American businesswoman and television personality. Martha Stewart rose to prominence as the author of books on entertainment, cooking, and home decor. Similarly, she served five months in federal prison on charges of insider trading.
How old is Martha Stewart?
Martha Stewart’s full name On August 3, 1941, Martha Helen Stewart was born. She was born in Jersey City, New Jersey, USA. Likewise, the businesswoman is currently 79 years old. Martha is of American nationality and was born under the sign of Leo.
Moving on, she was born to Edward Kostyra and Martha Ruszkowski Kostyra. She was born into a Polish family. Similarly, she is the second child of her parents and has five siblings. However, the names of her siblings are not available on the internet. She began working as a babysitter and birthday planner when she was only ten years old. Likewise, she began modeling in her early adolescence.
Education of Martha Stewart
Martha Stewart went on to Nutley High School. She was involved in a variety of extracurricular activities in high school, such as art clubs and so on. She attended Columbia University’s Barnard College after graduating from high school.
Similarly, Martha had planned to major in chemistry but later changed her major to History, Aret, and Architectural History. Similarly, she had modeled for Chanel in order to pay for her university tuition.
How much is Martha Stewart’s net worth?
Martha Stewart has received the Edison Achievement Award. Similarly, she received the American Academy of Achievement’s Golden Plate Award in 1995.
Moving on to her net worth, she was once the first female billionaire in the United States. Her net worth, on the other hand, has decreased slightly. She still has a staggering $400 million in net worth.
Scandals of Martha Stewart
Martha Stewart has been charged with insider trading, securities fraud, and obstructing justice. She was sentenced to a $30k fine and five months in federal prison after a lengthy court hearing.
Who is Martha Stewart married to?
Andrew Stewart and Martha Stewart were married. They met at university. Similarly, the couple married in 1961. The couple has a daughter named Alexis Stewart. After almost 25 years of marriage, the couple divorced. Similarly, she dated billionaire Charles Simonyi. However, things quickly went south, and they split up in February 2008. She appears to be single right now.
How tall is Martha Stewart?
Martha Stewart is in her late seventies and has kept her body in good shape. She is 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 59 kg. Likewise, her body measurements (chest-waist-hips) are 37-27-36. Marth has blonde hair and lovely light brown eyes.
Career line of Martha Stewart
- Martha has already begun working while in high school and university. Likewise, she had been modeling since she was in her early twenties. Martha has appeared in a number of television commercials, magazines, and product photoshoots.
- She also worked as a model for $50 per hour to help pay for her college tuition. At the time, the sum of money was quite large.
- Martha Stewart started a second career as a stockbroker in 1967. Meanwhile, her husband Andrew founded a publishing house and served as CEO of several others.
- Similarly, in 1976, Stewart started a catering business in her basement with a friend, Norma Collier. The company took off and prospered.
- Following her catering success, she published a number of books under the Clarkson Potter publishing imprint. Similarly, some of her books include Martha Stewart’s Quick Cook (1983), Martha Stewart’s Hors D’oeuvres (1984), and Martha Stewart’s Pies & Tarts (1985). (1985).
- In addition to cookbooks, she also wrote about wedding planning and entertainment. Weddings (1987), The Wedding Planner (1988), and Martha Stewart’s Secrets for Entertaining (1990) are the titles of the books (1988).
- In addition, she published holiday and Thanksgiving cookbooks titled Martha Stewart’s Quick Cook Menus (1988) and Martha Stewart’s Christmas Recipes (1989). (1989)
- Following her success in the cooking industry, she purchased some media properties. The businesswoman merged them into a new company called Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia (MSLO). Similarly, Martha served as chairwoman, president, and CEO of the new company.
- Similarly, on October 19, 1999, Martha’s company went public on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MSO.
- The company’s initial public offering (IPO) price was set at $18 per share, but by the end of trading, it had risen to $38. Stewart became a billionaire on paper as her company performed well in the stock market. Furthermore, she is the first female self-made billionaire in the United States.