Facts of Malinda Williams
|Full Name:||Malinda Williams|
|Birthplace:||Elizabeth, New Jersey|
|Divorce:||Mekhi Phifer, Derrick Jones|
|Net Worth:||$2.5 million|
|Height:||5 feet 2 inches (1.57m)|
|Sibling:||Lisa Sorensen and Leslie Dunn|
Malinda Williams is an American film actress and producer. Malinda rose to fame after appearing in films such as ‘High School High,’ ‘The Wood,’ and ‘A Thin Line Between Love and Hate.’ She was also nominated for an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress after playing Tracy Van Adams in Soul Food.
How old is Malinda Williams?
Malinda Williams was born in Elizabeth, New Jersey, on September 24, 1970. She will be 50 years old in 2020 and is of American nationality. Her zodiac sign is Libra. In terms of her family history, she has not revealed any information about her parents. Lisa Sorensen and Leslie Dunn are her sisters. Similarly, she completed her education at Union County College. She also attended The Actor’s Conservatory in New York to hone her skills.
How much does Malinda Williams earn?
Malinda, who is self-assured and talented, has made a good living through her profession. She is living a lavish lifestyle thanks to her lucrative source of income. Her estimated net worth is $2.5 million, which is a good amount.
Is Malinda Williams dating someone?
On August 23, 2008, she married DJ, rapper, beatboxer, and producer Derrick Jones, better known as ‘D-Nice.’ Their marriage failed, and the couple divorced in October 2009. They filed for legal separation in February 2010, and their separation was finalized on June 14, 2010.
Previously, Malinda was introduced to an on-screen character, Mekhi Phifer, through a companion. According to sources, they met at ‘Secondary School High.’ The couple dated for three years. Mekhi proposed to her on New Year’s Eve in 1998. The following year, on Valentine’s Day, the couple married in a wedding sanctuary. They have a son named ‘Omikaye.’ Their marriage did not work out and they divorced in 2003. There has recently been no information available regarding her relationship and affairs.
How tall is Malinda Williams?
Malinda Williams has a pleasant personality and a physically fit body. Her height is 5 feet 2 inches, and her weight is still being assessed. Similarly, Malinda Williams has stunning black eyes and black hair.
Career line of Malinda Williams
- Malinda began her career as a child artist in 1987, with the television sitcom ‘The Cosby Show.’ Malinda appeared as a guest star in a number of shows, including ‘Miami Vice’ (1989), ‘Roc’ (1993), ‘Sister, Sister’ (1994-1995), and ‘NYPD Blue’ (1996). In 1996, she portrayed Taylor in three episodes of the sitcom series ‘Moesha.’
- She appeared in The WB sitcom Nick Freno: Licensed Teacher from 1997 to 1998. She appeared in the rom-com The Wood in 1999 and the horror film Uninvited Guest the following year.
- Malinda appeared in one of the riskiest roles, ‘Tracy Fledgling’ as Van Adams, in the series ‘Soul Food,’ in 2000. From June 28, 2000 to May 26, 2004, she played the lead in every series that was available. She also received three ‘NAACP Image Award’ nominations for ‘Remarkable Actress in a Drama Series’ (2003-2005) for her performance.
- In 2006, she starred as Kimberly George in the television serial drama ‘Windfall.’ In 2007, she appeared as a supporting cast member as ‘Maya’ in the lighthearted comedy show film ‘Daddy’s Little Girls.’
- Ice Cube co-wrote and starred in the 2008 satire film ‘First Sunday,’ which starred Malinda as Tianna Mitchell. Her next film role was as ‘Boopsy’ in the 2009 melodic crime film ‘A Day in the Life.’
- Williams co-starred as Chris Rock’s sister in the lighthearted comedy film ‘2 Days in New York’ in 2012. In 2013, she began facilitating the Aspire system’s TV syndicated program Exhale.
- She also appeared in two TV One movies, Girlfriends’ Getaway and its sequel Girlfriends’ Getaway 2 in 2014 and 2015, alongside Garcelle Beauvais, Terri J. Vaughn, and Essence Atkins. Williams also had a supporting role in David O. Russell’s parody film Accidental Love in 2015.