Facts of Lina Hidalgo
|Full Name:||Lina Hidalgo|
|Height:||5 feet 3 inches (1.60m)|
Lina Hidalgo is an American politician. Lina Hidalgo is the county judge for Harris County, the third most populous county in the United States. Similarly, she is the first woman and the first Latina to be elected to this position.
How old is Lina Hidalgo?
Lina Hidalgo was born on February 19, 1991, in Bogota, Colombia. She is 30 years old and born under the astrological sign of Pisces. Her full name is Lina Maria Hidalgo. Lina and her family left Colombia when she was five years old. They lived in Peru and Mexico City before relocating to Houston, Texas, when she was 15 years old. She is currently of American nationality. Her ethnicity is Latino, and she practices Christianity.
Lina’s parents’ names and contact information are not yet available. She has a brother, but his name is also unknown. However, she has shared on her social media accounts with her parents and his brother. Hidalgo, on the other hand, rarely discusses her family life and background in public or in the spotlight. She appears to want a normal life for her family. Also, avoid the paparazzi and the media.
Education of Lina Hidalgo
Lina’s educational background and qualifications include a graduation from Seven Lakes High School in Greater Katy, Texas. She then enrolled at Stanford University, where she earned a degree in political science in 2013. Similarly, “Tiananmen or Tahrir?” Her honors thesis is titled “A Comparative Study of Military Intervention Against Popular Protest.”
Lina Hidalgo became a citizen of the United States the same year she graduated. After graduating from Stanford, she was awarded the Omidyar Network Postgraduate Fellowship to work with an international organization. She also relocated to Thailand, where she worked for the Internews Network. It is a global non-profit that educates journalists and advocates for press freedom. Lina Hidalgo also worked as a medical interpreter at the Texas Medical Center in Houston after returning from Thailand. She even volunteered for the Texas Civil Rights Project.
During that time, Lina Hidalgo was accepted into the Master’s/Juris Doctor Joint Program in law and public policy at the New York University School of Law and the Harvard University Kennedy School of Government. She had intended to pursue a career in health care and criminal justice, but the 2016 election inspired her to postpone her studies and run for public office instead.
How much is Lina Hidalgo’s Net Worth?
According to dreshare, Lina Hidalgo has a $300K net worth. And her main income source is her career as a politician.
Is Lina Hidalgo dating someone?
Lina Hidalgo is possibly single at the moment. She seems to be more focused on her career and life rather than being in a relationship. Or maybe she wants to keep her personal as well as love life private and away from the limelight and the media as well. Even focusing on her past relationships, no information about Lina has come forward until now. So, we can pretty much assume that either Hidalgo has never been in a relationship or has kept her past relationships private as well.
How tall is Lina Hidalgo?
Lina Hidalgo has a height of 5 feet 3 inches and her weight is 52 Kg. Likewise, Hidalgo’s other body measurements like her chest size, waist size, as well as hip size, are 34-27-35 inches respectively. Moreover, Lina has black curly hair and dark brown eyes.
Career line of Lina Hidalgo
- Lina Hidalgo ran for Harris County County Judge in the 2018 elections. She ran unopposed in the Democratic Party primary, and she faced incumbent Ed Emmett in the general election.
- She also ran on a platform that prioritized flood control, criminal justice reform, and increased transparency and accountability in local government. Lina Hidalgo also defeated Emmett on November 6.
- She was the first woman and the first Latina to be elected Harris County Judge. However, Hidalgo’s victory was regarded as an upset, and it drew national attention thanks to a large and diverse coalition of activists and organizations. This resulted in a nearly 19,000-vote victory for her.
- Lina Hidalgo has also advocated for cash bail reform in Harris County. During the COVID-19 pandemic, she was among the first to implement public health measures to halt the virus’s spread. She also ordered the closure of bars and restaurants in March 2020.
- Lina Hidalgo also mandated that Harris County employees wear face masks in public in April of the same year. Republicans on both the state and federal levels harshly criticized Hidalgo’s public health initiatives.
- Local officials, according to Governor Greg Abbott, are unable to enforce mask mandates. However, as the number of cases in Texas grew, Abbott issued his own face mask mandate in June. Lina Hidalgo also appeared in video montages during the 2020 Democratic National Convention.
- She has also been credited with making voting easier in Harris County during the 2020 Texas elections and with increasing turnout among low-propensity voters.
- Furthermore, by October 2020, before election day, more votes had been cast in Texas than in the entire 2016 United States presidential election in Texas.
- Lina Hidalgo graced the cover of “Time” in January 2018. She was featured alongside dozens of other women who ran for office in one of the most important elections for women. She was also chastised following a March 2019 press conference in which she spoke in both English and Spanish.
- Hidalgo spoke about the health implications of a massive chemical fire. Similarly, she was speaking to constituents and reporters from English and Spanish-language media outlets.
- In addition, in December 2019, she was named one of Forbes’ 30 Under 30 in Law and Policy.