Facts of Korey Wise
|Full Name:||Korey Wise|
|Birthplace:||New York City|
|Net Worth:||$2 million|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
|Sibling:||Marci Wise and Vanity Wise.|
Korey Wise is a modern-day social and political activist. Similarly, Korey Wise was one of the wrongfully convicted kids in the famous Central Park Five case in New York in 1989.
How old is Korey Wise?
Korey Wise was born on July 26, 1972. He is 48 years old as of now. Similarly, he was born in New York, America, and is of American nationality. Korey was born under the zodiac sign of Leo. Similarly, his mother’s name is Deloris Wise. His father’s name, on the other hand, is currently unknown. He has two sisters, Marci Wise and Vanity Wise. Unfortunately, one of his sisters, Marci Wise, has died. Aside from this information, little is known about Korey’s family background because he hasn’t spoken much about it in public.
Korey had a dreadful adolescence because he was one of the “Central Park Five” wrongfully convicted kids. He was taken into custody at the age of 16, and because of his age, he was judged as an adult. Sadly, the innocent 16-year-old Korey (at the time) was sentenced to 12 years in prison for a crime he did not commit.
Education of Korey Wise
There are no details about his education available on the internet. We believe that because he spent the majority of his time in prison as a result of the false accusation, he did not have the opportunity to attend any colleges for higher education. However, we have no records of the schools he attended prior to that.
How much is Korey Wise’s net worth?
Although there are few details about his earnings and other sources of income. Korey’s total net worth is estimated to be around $2 million. Korey, on the other hand, hasn’t said anything. He hasn’t discussed his properties or his monthly income with his social media followers.
Is Korey Wise dating someone?
Korey Wise is most likely single at the moment. He is not currently in a romantic relationship. Similarly, he appears to be preoccupied with advancing his career and telling the world his story. Similarly, there are no records of him dating anyone in the past. He appears to prefer to keep such details of his life to himself for the time being.
Korey Wise was one of the Central Park Five falsely convicted on April 19, 1989. He and four others were arrested for the brutal rape of Trisha Meili, a 28-year-old woman. Korey, the oldest of the five boys at the time, was only 16 years old. Korey was imprisoned for 12 years for a crime he didn’t even commit.
Despite the fact that he and the other boys continued to plead not guilty throughout their trial, they were found guilty and sentenced to prison. While the other boys were released from prison after 6 years, Korey’s age was considered adult, so he was not released as early as the others. In the end, the true perpetrator of the crime, Matias Reyes, confessed to his crimes. Korey was eventually served justice.
How tall is Korey Wise?
Korey stands 5 feet 8 inches tall. Similarly, he has sparkly hazel eyes and a buzz cut. Korey’s hair is naturally black. He has a tattoo on his arm. At the moment, more information about Korey’s physical appearance is unavailable.
Career line of Korey Wise
- Korey Wise is a free man today. He is currently an activist. Similarly, since his release, he has influenced the lives of many people with his story.
- Korey is a social and political activist. He still resides in New York City. He is a public speaker and advocate for criminal justice reform.
- Similarly, he has shared his story with many people both on and off social media. There is also a Netflix series called “When They See Us” based on the true-life event of Korey Wise and his unfortunate conviction.
- He has also donated a large portion of the settlement money to the University of Colorado’s chapter of the Innocence Project.
- Korey Wise Innocence Project was later renamed in his honor. Korey believes that standing up to injustice is necessary, and that one day, truth and kindness will triumph. That is something he preaches. Aside from being an activist, he also has his own line of merchandise. He promotes his merchandise on Instagram. His merchandise is called “Wise Lion Apparel.”