Facts of Kate Bolduan
|Full Name:||Kate Bouldan|
|Net Worth:||$3 million|
|Height:||5 feet 6 inches|
|Kids:||Cecelia Eve Gershenson and Delphine Esther Gershenson|
Kate Bolduan is an American broadcast journalist based in New York City, best known as the anchor of the ‘CNN’ morning show ‘At This Hour.’ Kate Bolduan has previously co-anchored the ‘CNN’ weekday morning shows ‘New Day’ and ‘The Situation Room.’
How old is Kate Bolduan?
Kate Bolduan, 37, was born on July 28, 1983, in Goshen, Indiana, USA. Kate, whose birth name is Katherine Jean Bolduan, practices Judaism and is born under the sign of Leo. She is left-handed, but she plays all sports with her right hand. She is also the third of four daughters born to Dr. Jeffrey Bolduan and Nadine Bolduan.
She went to Goshen High School, a public high school in her hometown. She earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism from George Washington University in 2005, graduating Phi Beta Kappa. During her time at university, she was a member of the women’s volleyball team and a member of the student theatre organization. She also spent time in Madrid, Spain, where she learned Spanish.
How much is Kate Bolduan’s Net Worth?
Kate was a part of CNN’s award-winning coverage of the 2012 and 2016 presidential elections. Her estimated net worth is $3 million. She achieved success as a result of her hard work at CNN and as a journalist and reporter.
Does Kate Bolduan have a child?
She married Michael Gershenson, who works for The Carlyle Group, in May 2010. They relocated from the Washington, D.C., area to New York in early 2013, after Kate accepted an anchor position on CNN’s morning lineup. Cecelia Eve Gershenson, the couple’s first daughter, was born on September 25, 2014. Delphine Esther Gershenson, their second daughter, was born on December 22, 2017. Kate and her husband are members of the ‘Park Avenue Synagogue,’ a Conservative Jewish congregation in Manhattan.
How tall is Kate Bolduan?
Kate has lovely hazel brown eyes and blonde hair. She is 5 feet 6 inches (168 cm) tall and weighs about 56 kg. Her body measurements (breast-hip-waist) are 34-27-35.
Career line of Kate Bolduan
- Kate worked as a general assignment reporter for ‘WTVD-TV’ in Raleigh, North Carolina from 2005 to 2007. Kate later worked as a production assistant for NBC News and MSNBC in Washington, DC. Similarly, she has worked for ‘House & Garden,’ ‘Dateline NBC,’ and ‘NBC Nightly News.’
- Kate joined CNN as a national correspondent for CNN Newsource in 2007. She provided breaking news coverage and feature reports to over 800 ‘CNN Newsource’ affiliates.
- Her most notable work there was her coverage of the 2008 United States presidential election, for which she traveled across the country.
- She also covered major news stories such as the Minneapolis Bridge collapse, the OJ Simpson armed robbery case, and the retiring ‘NASA Space Shuttle’ fleet. Kate co-hosted an early evening ‘CNN’ newscast called ‘The Situation Room’ with Wolf Blitzer in 2013.
- During a lively two-hour discussion, she provided current events, breaking news, political headlines, and other reports.
- She also hosted ‘New Day,’ a weekday morning TV show on ‘CNN.’ On January 2, 2012, the show replaced ‘Starting Point,’ which was previously hosted by Soledad O’Brien.
- In 2014, she produced a documentary called ‘Kate Bolduan’s Roots,’ which detailed how her ancestors arrived in America from Belgium in 1912.
- Another reason she traveled to Belgium was to learn more about her family history. The same year, she began presenting for the ‘Fashion Tech Forum’ on her own, and the program supported innovators
- Kate joined CNN’s morning show “@ This Hour” in 2015, alongside John Berman. She became the show’s sole host after it was renamed “At This Hour with Kate Bolduan” in 2017.
- The show focuses on daily events, with correspondents sending live reports from the field to the studio. She interviews guests in the studio or via teleconference on a regular basis. Kate Bolduan joined the CNN International program ‘State of America with Kate Bolduan’ in 2016.
- During this time, she covered the 2016 US presidential election. After the election, Bolduan continued to focus on national news and events. She also brings in a panel of experts to share their perspectives on current events.
- Kate did a feature on farms in Virginia for CNN’s annual series “Champions for Change” in 2017.
- The documentary was titled ‘The Story of Farm Aid.’ She spoke with small, environmentally conscious farmers about their perspectives on America.
- Kate made another film for the ‘Champions for Change’ series in 2018. She has also worked with the international organization ‘Every Mother Counts,’ which provides pregnant women with information and various forms of support.
- Kate covered stories about children and teenagers in Roseland, a low-income neighborhood in Chicago, in 2019.
- She paid a visit to the non-profit organization ‘Kids off the Block’ (KOB), which provides shelter and informatics education to those kids. Bolduan took part in the ‘Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month’ event as part of her independent activities the same year.
- She also spoke with designer Diane von Furstenberg about modern women’s issues at the live journalism event ‘Women in the World.’