Facts of Jason Collins
|Full Name:||Jason Collins|
|Net Worth:||$16 million|
|Height:||7 feet 0 inches (2.13m)|
|Profession:||Basketball Player, LGBT activist|
|Sibling:||one (twin brother: Jarron)|
Jason Collins is a well-known retired NBA player from the United States (NBA). Jason Collins, who played for the New Jersey Nets from 2001 to 2008, drew a lot of attention after revealing publicly that he was gay in 2013.
Who is the Brother of Jason Collins?
Jason Collins was born Jason Paul Collins on December 2, 1978, in Northridge, California, USA. And he is now 41 years old. He was born eight minutes before his twin brother Jarron, who also became an NBA player. Furthermore, his father’s name is Paul Collins, and his mother’s name is Portia Collins. Jason and Jarron graduated from Harvard-Westlake School in Los Angeles, where they won two California Interscholastic Federation state championships.
Collins attended Stanford University, where he and Jarron both played for the Stanford Cardinals in the Pacific-10 Conference. He was an All-American who finished his college career ranked first in Stanford history in field goal percentage (.608) and third in blocked shots (89). Both he and his brother were courted in an unsuccessful attempt to entice them to attend the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). They were guests at an extravagant recruiting dinner that resulted in the dismissal of UCLA coach Jim Harrick.
Is Jason Collins Really a Gay?
Moving on to his personal life, he has already declared himself gay. Jason is also known as Set Shot Willy or Twin. After coming out as gay, he stated that he felt incredible for accepting what he is rather than forcing himself to be what he was not. He was in an eight-year relationship with Carolyn Moss before coming out as gay. Furthermore, Carolyn Moos expressed conflicted feelings, claiming that she only found out Collins was gay shortly before the Sports Illustrated cover story.
The New York Times described his 2014 signing with Brooklyn as “perhaps basketball’s most celebrated and scrutinized 10-day contract.” His No. 98 jersey became the best-selling item on the NBA’s online store. Collins is in a relationship with producer Brunson Green as of 2020. The couple began dating in 2014 and have been together for about 6 years. They may, however, be living a good life at the moment.
How much does Jason Collins earn?
Without a doubt, Jason earns a decent living from his job. He does, however, have a net worth of around $16 million dollars and a good salary from his club.
How tall is Jason Collins?
He is 7 feet tall and weighs about 116 kilograms. Jason has a wonderful personality. He has dark brown hair and brown eyes. Furthermore, no additional information about his body stats is currently available.
Career line of Jason Collins
- Following their college careers, Jason and Jarron joined different teams. Jarron Collins was selected by the Utah Jazz, and Jason was drafted in the first round of the 2001 NBA draft by the New Jersey Nets. Jason Collins was a key player in the Nets’ first-ever NBA Finals appearance in 2002 against the Los Angeles Lakers as a rookie.
- He spent six years with the New Jersey Nets before moving on to the Memphis Grizzlies. After a brief stint with the team, he was traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves, where he spent a season before joining the Atlanta Hawks. His coach praised his defense, calling it “the best defense on Howard all year.” After three seasons with the Hawks, he joined the Washington Wizards in 2013.
- Furthermore, Jason played in six games for the Wizards before publicly coming out as gay on April 29, 2013, making him the first active male athlete from one of the four major North American professional team sports to do so. The news drew the attention of many people all over the world, assisting him in gaining recognition.
- In July, he became a free agent and trained at home while waiting for an opportunity. He signed with the Brooklyn Nets in 2014. During that time, he sold autographed game-worn jerseys to benefit LGBT-supporting charities, including the Matthew Shepard Foundation and the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (GLSEN).
- Collins announced his retirement from the NBA on November 19, 2014, after 13 seasons. Collins made the announcement in a first-person story for “Sports Illustrated,” writing that basketball saved his life.
- “It feels wonderful to have been a part of these landmarks for sports and gay rights, and to have been embraced by the public, the coaches, the players, the league, and history.”
- After making history and becoming a well-known sports figure, Jason Collins uses his position as a role model to assist numerous charities and give back to the community. “Right now, my goal is to empower others,” Collins explained.