Facts of J Balvin
|Full Name:||J Balvin|
|Net Worth:||$1 million|
|Height:||5 feet 10 inches (1.78m)|
Jose Alvaro Osorio Balvin goes by the stage name J Balvin. J Balvin is a Colombian singer best known for his Billboard Latin Airplay Chart-topping single 6 AM. He is also a well-known Latin artist on social media, primarily through his official VEVO/YouTube channel.
How old is J Balvin?
Jose was born on May 7, 1985 in Medellin, Colombia. His zodiac sign is Taurus, and he is of Colombian descent. Carolina Balvin is his sister’s name. Alba Mery Balvin is his mother’s name, and José Alvaro Osorio is his father’s. His father was an economist and business owner, and he grew up in a large house on the city’s outskirts. He grew up listening to Metallica and Nirvana.
He immigrated to the United States of America when he was 17 years old. Balvin moved to Oklahoma and New York to improve his English skills. The music he heard there had an impact on him. He then returned to Medelln and became well-known for his performances in the city’s nightclubs.
There isn’t much information available about Jose’s academic credentials. The names of his schools and colleges are still unknown.
How much does J Balvin earn?
J Balvin has a long list of accomplishments and awards. With “Ay Vamos,” he became the first recipient of the Lo Nuestro Awards’ Global Icon Award for his contribution to the globalization of Latin music, as well as the first recipient of the BMI Latin Awards’ inaugural Contemporary Song of the Year.
In addition, in 2020, he set a Guinness World Record by receiving 13 Latin Grammy nominations in a single year. He has eight Billboard Latin Music Awards, five Latin Grammy Awards, five MTV Video Music Awards, and four Latin American Music Awards to his name. In 2019, he was nominated for three Grammy Awards, including Record of the Year for “I Like It.”
Who is J Balvin married to?
In 2016, Jose Alvaro Osorio Balvin dated a woman named “Ana Bekoa.” The following year, Balvin and her girlfriend divorced. He dated a girl named “Karol G” in 2017, but they broke up due to personal issues and misunderstandings. Balvin has recently become single and has not been dating anyone.
Balvin asked J if he was gay as he accepted the Artist of the Year award at the Premios Los Nuestro, and the story quickly spread. Balvin, on the other hand, has made it clear on Instagram that he is a straight man.
How tall is J Balvin?
Jose Alvaro Osorio Balvin stands 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighs 79 kilograms, and is physically fit. Jose also has dark brown eyes and brown hair.
Career line of J Balvin
- Jose Alvaro Osorio Balvin competed in freestyle competitions before becoming famous. He was crowned champion for two years in a row. He spent his childhood from 1985 to 2013.
- Between 2014 and 2016, he rose to prominence with the release of a new song titled “6 AM,” which featured a Puerto Rican singer.
- He also had success with his album La Familia, which peaked at number ten on the Billboard Top Latin Albums chart and spent a total of 122 weeks on the chart.
- J Balvin released his second single in the United States, “Ay Vamos,” which established him as the best in the Latin urban market. The song earned him the Latin Grammy Award for Best Urban Song.
- On January 16, 2016, Balvin debuted his latest music song “Ginza” from his upcoming album at the Premios Juventud. Later that week, he promoted the video on Vevo. The album was the first to trend, with over two million views in 24 hours.
- The video has received over 600 million views and was well received by all. J Balvin’s fourth studio album, Energia, was released on June 24, 2016.
- Energia, which debuted at the top of the Billboard Top Latin Albums chart. On June 30, 2017, J Balvin released the music video for his latest single, “Mi Gente,” starring Willy William. According to Spotify’s Global Top 50, “Mi Gente” became the world’s number one single on August 1, 2017. It surpassed 1 billion views on YouTube.
- In September 2017, the album was remixed by American artist Beyoncé. The remix peaked at number three in the United States, giving Balvin his first top ten single in the country.
- J Balvin and Willy William remixed “Mi Gente” six more times with Steve Aoki, Alesso, Cedric Gervais, Dillon Francis, Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano, and Henry Fong.
- Despite its popularity, “Mi Gente” received no awards at the 2017 Latin Grammy Awards, which were won by Luis Fonsi’s hit Despacito.
- J Balvin’s new album, Oasis, was released on June 27, 2019, in collaboration with Bad Bunny. The album was released as a “surprise” and was released overnight.