Facts of Im Soo-hyang
|Full Name:||Soo-hyang Im|
|Height:||5 feet 5 inches|
|Education:||Chung-Ang University (Theater and Film)|
Im Soo-hyang is a well-known South Korean actress. Im Soo-hyang rose to prominence through her roles in TV dramas such as ‘Gangnam Beauty,’ ‘New Tales of Gisaeng,’ ‘Inspiring Generation,’ and ‘When I Was the Prettiest,’ among others.
How old is Im Soo-hyang?
Im Soo-hyang was born on April 19, 1990, and she is now 30 years old. Her birthplace is Busan, South Korea, and her zodiac sign is Aries. Chung-Ang University was her alma mater, and she majored in Theater and Film. Furthermore, Im Soo-hyang’s name is also spelled Lim Su-hyang from the direct translation of her Korean name written as and in Hanja as. She also has three dogs: Akki, Rai, and Ori. They have their own Instagram account, @arari0419.
Is Im Soo-hyang dating someone?
There is no information available about Im Soo-hyang’s relationship status or love affairs. The actress could be more focused on her career as an artist, or she could be keeping her relationships and personal life private and away from the public eye.
How tall is Im Soo-hyang?
Im Soo-hyang is 1.69 meters (5 feet 5 inches) tall and weighs around 48 kg. Other than that, there is no information about her other body measurements, such as her chest-waist-hip measurements, dress size, shoe size, and so on. Im Soo-hyang has dark brown eyes and silky brown hair.
Career line of Im Soo-hyang
- Im Soo-hyang is a well-known South Korean actress. She is best known for her roles as Dan Sa-ran in New Tales of Gisaeng and Teguchi Gaya in Inspiring Generation. She also appeared in episodes of SBS’s Paradise Ranch and MBC’s I Do, I Do.
- Similarly, Im Soo-hyang received both a Korea Drama Award and an SBS Drama Award for her performance in New Tales of Gisaeng in 2011. The actress also appeared in an episode of the Choi Minho series Salamander Guru and The Shadows in 2012.
- Im Soo-hyang was also cast in a Chinese film in 2014. In 2016, she starred as the title character in the prison romance Eun-ha, and in 2018, she co-starred as the female lead in the campus romance My ID is Gangnam Beauty, alongside Cha Eun Woo.
- Im Soo-hyang was still a student at Chung-Ang University when she made a cameo appearance in the 2009 film 4th Period Mystery. Following this, the actress landed her breakthrough role as Dan Sa-ran. In the 2011 popular TV series New Tales of Gisaeng, this character is a proud lower-middle-class dancer. Soo-hyang collaborated with actors Sung Hoon and Han Hye-rin on this project.
- Similarly, this series investigated the idea that the gisaeng, the Korean equivalent of a geisha or courtesan, still existed in modern-day Korea. Actress Soo-hyang was nominated for several newcomer awards for her performance in this drama. She also won the SBS Drama Award for “Best New Star” and the Korea Drama Award for “Best New Actress.”
- Im Soo-hyang appeared in Paradise Ranch the same year. She also made cameo appearances in Salamander Guru and The Shadows. Im Soo-hyang starred as the lead character in Eunha in 2016. It’s a prison romance film.
- Furthermore, to broaden her range, Im Soo-hyang increased her profile with starring roles as diverse as a feisty chairman’s daughter in I Do, I Do in 2012, a cool assassin in Iris II: New Generation in 2013, the calculating stepdaughter of a high official in Inspiring Generation in 2014, a college dropout in Five Enough in 2015, and the female antagonist in Blow Breeze in 2016.
- Im Soo-hyang starred as the lead in Lovers in Bloom in 2017. Her character in this project is a widowed cop. Soo-hyang won a KBS Drama Award for “Best Actress in a Daily Drama” for her performance in this role. The actress also appeared in Criminal Minds as a serial killer in the same year.
- It is a crime procedural drama based on the American series of the same name. Furthermore, Soo-hyang’s character in this drama pretends to be a victim.
- Then, in 2018, Im Soo-hyang’s popularity skyrocketed. It was because of her role in the Korean television drama Gangnam Beauty. She collaborated with Astro’s Cha Eun-woo on this drama, which aired on the channel. Furthermore, Gangnam Beauty is a romantic comedy series.
- Gangnam Beauty is one of the highest-rated dramas in Korean cable television history. This project received praise for its depiction of issues afflicting South Korean society, particularly its superficial beauty standards and discrimination based on physical appearance.
- Im Soo-hyang won the “Top Excellence Award for Actress in a Drama” at the 26th Korea Culture and Entertainment Awards for her performance as Kang Mi-rae. Kang Mi-rae, her character, is a college student who had cosmetic surgery to avoid ridicule from her peers.
- Im Soo-hyang starred in the mystery drama Graceful Family in 2019. Her character in this project is a fiery, charismatic chaebol heiress. This series debuted to high viewership ratings for the MBN network. It also drew media attention in Korea and elsewhere.
- The actress portrayed Oh Ye-ji in the MBC drama When I Was the Prettiest in the year 2020. In the lead roles for this project, the actress collaborated with popular actors Ha Seok-jin and Ji Soo.