Facts of Go Ara
|Full Name:||Ara Go|
|Net Worth:||$800,000 to $900,000|
|Height:||5 feet 5 inches|
|Profession:||Actor and Model|
|Sibling:||One (brother Go Yunseok)|
|Education:||ChungAng University (Theater)|
|Birthplace:||Jinju, South Gyeongsang Province|
Go Ara is a well-known South Korean actress and model. Go Ara is well-known for her roles in a number of well-known films and drama series. Among many other projects, she has appeared in “Sharp,” “Reply 1994,” “You’re All Surrounded,” “Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth,” “Ms. Hammurabi,” and “Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol.”
How old is Go Ara?
Go Ara was born on February 11, 1990, and she is now 30 years old. Her birthplace is Jinju, South Gyeongsang Province, South Korea, and her zodiac sign is Aquarius. Go Ara was constantly moved around Korea as an age because her father was a soldier. Her name is written in both Korean and Hanja.
When Go Ara was in junior high, a friend suggested she audition for the talent agency SM Entertainment. Go Ara won the SM Entertainment Teen Model Contest in 2003.
When it comes to her educational background, Go Ara graduated from ChungAng University with a major in theater. Similarly, Go Ara has a younger brother named Go Yunseok. Apart from that, there is no information about her parents or other family members other than the fact that her father is/was a soldier. Similarly, she enjoys listening to music and playing the flute.
What is the Net Worth of Go Ara?
Moving on, Go Ara’s net worth is estimated to be between $800,000 and $900,000 USD.
Is Go Ara dating someone?
On March 7, 2019, Go Ara’s agency reported that the actress ruptured her Anterior talofibular ligament while filming Haechi. As a result, she was admitted to the hospital.
There is no verified information about Go Ara’s relationship status or love affairs. She has not shared any social media posts that could reveal information about her previous and current relationships.
How tall is Go Ara?
Go Ara is approximately 1.68 meters (5 feet 5 inches) tall. Similarly, her body weight is around 45 kgs (121 lbs), and her chest-waist-hip measurements are 34-26-38 inches. Go Ara also has dark brown hair and eyes of the same color.
Career line of Go Ara
- Go Ara works as an actress and model professionally. Ara is best known for her roles in the television series Sharp in 2003, Reply 1994 in 2013, You’re All Surrounded in 2014, Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth in 2016–17, Black in 2017, Ms. Hammurabi in 2018, Haechi in 2019, and Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol in 2020.
- Go Ara made her acting debut in 2003, the same year she won the SM Entertainment Teen Model Competition. In the 2003 KBS teen drama Sharp, she portrayed the female lead, Lee Ok-rim.
- Her character Ok-rim was an ambitious and confident middle school girl, which catapulted her to instant stardom. She then reprised her role as Lee Ok-rim in the sequel Sharp 2.
- In 2006, Go Ara co-starred in the SBS melodrama Snow Flower with Kim Hee-ae. Yoo Da-mi, the rebellious and ambitious character, was played by her. This also earned her acting recognition at the Baeksang Arts Awards.
- Similarly, Go Ara’s first film was the big-budget Japanese film Genghis Khan: To the Ends of the Earth and Sea. This was released in Japan in March 2007. Go Ara played Khulan, Genghis Khan’s mistress, in this film. Because of her fluency in Japanese, the actress was then cast in another Japanese film, Dance Subaru.
- Go Ara co-starred in the MBC drama Who Are You? with Yoon Kye-sang in 2008. Despite receiving low ratings in Korea, Who Are You? is a body-swap comedy that has gained popularity among international fans. This raised her profile as part of the Korean Wave.
- This eventually led to an appearance in the Japanese television drama Karei naru Spy. Go Ara co-starred in MBC’s romantic comedy Heading to the Ground with DBSK idol singer Jung Yunho in 2009.
- Go Ara made her domestic film debut in Pacemaker in 2011. In this film, Go Ara gained 5 kg in weight to play a pole vaulter representing South Korea. Ara then portrayed her singing abilities in the 2012 multicultural film Papa, co-starring Park Yong-woo.
- The actress drew attention for her singing and dancing abilities, fluency in English, and acting performance in the film.
- Furthermore, Go Ara’s popularity grew thanks to the 2013 release of the nostalgic campus drama Reply 1994. Go Ara cut her hair short and gained 18 pounds to play Sung Na-jung in this drama. Many questioned her casting when it was first announced, but the actress’s performance later received critical and popular acclaim.
- Go Ara was nominated for “Best Actress” in the Baeksang Art Awards and the APAN Star Awards for her performance in this drama. Following that, she appeared as the only female rookie detective in the 2014 police drama You’re All Surrounded, alongside Lee Seung-gi and Cha Seung-won.
- Go Ara made a comeback to the big screen in 2015, co-starring with Yoo Seung-ho in the Joseon-era romance film The Magician. In this film, Go Ara plays a princess who falls in love with a circus magician. Following this, the actress landed a leading role in Phantom Detective. It’s a neo-noir action film starring Lee Je-hoon as the titular Hong Gil-dong
- In 2016, Go Ara starred as the female lead opposite Park Seo-joon in the youth historical drama Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth. The actress left SM Entertainment after 13 years in the same year. Following this, Go Ara signed with the newly formed management agency Artist Company in January 2017.
- Go Ara co-starred in the fantasy thriller drama Black with Song Seung-heon. She portrayed a woman who has the ability to predict death. Go Ara co-starred in the 2018 legal drama Ms. Hammurabi with Kim Myung-soo. Ara took on the role of a passionate rookie judge in this project.
- In 2019, the actress starred in the historical action drama Haechi. She portrayed a detective who is well-versed in both martial arts and foreign languages. Furthermore, Go Ara’s most recent project while writing this biography is the 2020 music romance drama Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol.
- Go Ara played a pianist who reaches rock bottom after her family’s demise in this project.