Facts of Elizabeth Scherer
|Full Name:||Elizabeth Scherer|
|Height:||5 feet 6 inches (1.68m)|
|Profession:||Judge, Florida Circuit Court Judge|
|Sibling:||two (brothers: William R. Scherer III and John J. Scherer)|
Elizabeth Scherer is a Broward country Circuit Judge from Florida, USA. Elizabeth Scherer is best known for her role as the judge in the Nikolas Cruz shooting case.
How old is Elizabeth Scherer?
Elizabeth Scherer was born on June 4, 1976. She is originally from Florida, USA. She is 44 years old and was born under the sign of Gemini. Her father’s name is Willian Scherer, but her mother’s name is unknown. Similarly, she has two brothers named William R. Scherer III and John J. Scherer. She has a bachelor’s degree in English from Florida State University. Later, she attended the University of Miami Law School.
What is the Net Worth of Elizabeth Scherer?
As of 2021, her net worth is estimated to be around $700,000. Her successful career as a Judge has enabled her to earn a good living.
Who is Elizabeth Scherer married to?
Anthony Mercer was Scherer’s husband. However, she divorced him due to drug allegations against him. In addition, she has a daughter. There is no information about her other partners or personal information. She has also not disclosed the name of her daughter. She has, however, stayed away from media coverage of her personal life.
How tall is Elizabeth Scherer?
She is a stunning and stunning lady. Scherer stands 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs around 60 kilograms. She has a slim and curvy body. As a result, her chest, waist, and hip measurements are 34-26-35 inches. She has a bra size of 33B and a shoe size of 6. She also has dark brown eyes and brown hair.
Career line of Elizabeth Scherer
- Elizabeth is a Florida judge on the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit Court. Governor Rick Scott appointed her on December 14, 2012, to replace retired Judge David Krathen. And, in 2014, she was re-elected without opposition, winning a six-year term that expires on January 4, 2021.
- Elizabeth has worked as an assistant to the Broward County State Attorney. As a result, in 2001, she applied for admission to the Florida bar. In addition, she interned at the Broward County State Attorney’s Office.
- Scherer is the judge in the Nikolas Cruz shooting case. Furthermore, this incident occurred at Florida’s Parkland High School.
- As a result, on August 15, 2018, the Sun-Sentinel of South Florida was accused of publishing Nikolas’ legal information. When taking the details, the publication house ensures that they will not be made public.
- However, the reporters obtained the facts of the case in the name of public interest.
- And, in that case, the United States Supreme Court ruled that publishing lawful information for the public good is legal. And now there is no case against the Sun-Sentinel. Scherer was a lawyer who worked on George W.
- Bush’s legal team in the 2000 election ballot case. In addition, she has a strong track record as a prosecutor and an astute judge. As a result, she was named the ‘Judicial Advocate of the Year’ in 2013.
- Furthermore, on December 19, 2019, she granted the defense’s request to postpone the start of Cruz’s trial until the summer of 2020. Furthermore, according to the Miami Herald, Scherer stated;“The case will be heard this summer.”
- Furthermore, the prosecution indicated that they would accept a trial start date of May 2020. As a result, the trial was later postponed indefinitely due to court closures caused by the coronavirus pandemic. In April 2021, Elizabeth told lawyers that she expected the trial to begin in September 2021.