Facts of El Chapo
|Full Name:||El Chapo|
|Birthplace:||La Tuna, Badiraguato|
|Height:||5 feet 6 inches (1.68m)|
El Chapo is a Mexican drug lord who rose to the top of the Sinaloa cartel. Similarly, the Sinaloa cartel is the most powerful drug trafficking organization in the world. Furthermore, El Chapo began his drug dealing career as a teenager.
How old is El Chapo?
El Chapo was born Joaquin Guzman Loera on April 4, 1957, and is now 64 years old. During his adolescence, he was given the nickname El Chao, which is Mexican slang for “shorty,” due to his stocky build. Similarly, because he was born in early April, he is an Aries by zodiac sign. El Chapo, likewise, was born in the rural community of La Tuna, Badiraguato, Sinaloa, Mexico, and holds Mexican citizenship.
In terms of ethnicity and religion, he is of Latin origin and practices Christianity. Similarly, El Chapo was born to Emilio Guzman Bustillos and Maria Consuelo Loera Perez. His paternal grandparents are Juan Guzman and Otilia Bustillos, and his maternal grandparents are Ovidio Loera Cobret and Pomposa Perez Uriarte.
Similarly, his father was a cattle rancher and, according to some sources, an opium poppy farmer. He grew up and spent the majority of his childhood in the area. El Chapo, like his parents, is the tenth child. He also has two younger sisters, Armida and Bernarda, and four younger brothers, Miguel Angel, Aureliano, Arturo, and Emilio.
He did, however, have three older brothers who died as a result of natural causes when he was very young. Similarly, he had a difficult childhood. His parents were not well-off, and he began working at a young age.
El Chapo was a popular prankster as a child, and he was frequently beaten for his misbehavior. However, he used to defend his younger siblings from being beaten by his father. Furthermore, El Chapo’s mother was always the foundation of emotional support for him.
Similarly, he spent his early childhood working in the cultivation of opium poppy, which is a common practice among locals in his community. Similarly, at the age of 15, he established his own marijuana plantation with his cousins Arturo, Alfredo, Carlos, and Hector Beltran Levya in order to support his family through marijuana production.
Furthermore, when he was a teenager, his father kicked him out of the house and forced him to live with his grandparents. Similarly, many people in Badiraguato spent their entire lives working in the poppy fields of the Sierra Madre Occidental.
Guzman, on the other hand, left his hometown at a young age in search of a better life through his uncle Pedro Aviles Perez. He was a pioneer in Mexican drug trafficking. Furthermore, El Chapo left his hometown in his early twenties to join organized crime.
How much does El Chapo earn?
In terms of net worth and earnings, El Chapo is one of the 12 richest drug lords of all time. However, there has been no official estimate of his net worth in the media.
Is El Chapo married?
El Chapo is a married man who is straight. He married Coronet Aispuro, who is 33 years his senior.
He has, however, been married at least three times and is the father of nearly 13 children. El Chapo is more well-known for his conspicuous, extravagant playboy lifestyle on social media.
How tall is El Chapo?
El Chapo is 5 feet 6 inches (66 inches) tall and weighs around 80 kg. However, there is no information about his body measurements in the media. He has fair skin, light brown eyes, and brown hair.
Career line of El Chapo
- El Chapo began working for drug lord Hector El Guero Palma in the 1970s. He began his career here by transporting drugs and supervising their shipments by plane from the Sierra Madre region to urban areas near the Mexico-US border. Likewise, these were his first steps into organized crime.
- Similarly, because El Chapo was ambitious and frequently pressed on his superiors, he was able to increase his share of narcotics smuggled across the border.
- Furthermore, El Chapo was a ruthless drug dealer who would simply shoot a smuggler in the head if he did not ship on time. As a result, any of his drug shipments stopped defrauding him or going with other competitors.
- Guadalajara Cartel leaders introduced him to Felix Gallardo, Mexico’s most powerful drug lord in the early 1980s.
- Furthermore, by his late twenties, the quiet but astute El Chapo was already supervising logistics for another drug lord, Miguel Angel Felix Gallardo. He founded the Guadalajara cartel. As a person, he used to enjoy keeping a low profile.
- However, following the arrest of his boss in charge of the American Drug Enforcement Administration agent, he became one of the new faces of the Mexican drug world.
- In 1989, after inheriting some of his former boss’s territory, he established his own carter dubbed “Sinaloa.” By early 1990, he was on the DEA and FBI’s radar as one of the most powerful and dangerous drug traffickers in Mexico.
- Similarly, in a very short period of time, Sinaloa took control of the cocaine trade stretching from South America to the United States of America.
- Sinaloa’s innovative smuggling method, which includes a network of air-conditioned tunnels running beneath the Mexican-US border.
- Similarly, his other method involves concealing cocaine powder inside fire extinguishers and cans labeled as chili peppers. In addition to cocaine, he began trafficking heroin, marijuana, and methamphetamine into the United States and elsewhere.
- Similarly, his cartel tentacles spread across five continents, eventually becoming the world’s largest drug operation. He also formed gangs with serious muscle, such as Los Chachos, Los Texas, Los Lobos, and Los Negros, to protect his empire.
- However, in 1993, the Guatemalan authorities arrested EL Chapo and extradited him to Mexico, where he was sentenced to 20 years in a maximum-security prison. Even though he was imprisoned, his power was unparalleled.
- njugal visits, allowing him to run his drug operation. The Mexican government’s aggressive assault on drug cartels in 2006 failed to apprehend El Chapo, allowing him to roam freely throughout his country. Similarly, he married during this time period, with a large party that included police officers and local politicians among the guests.
- El Chapo has been arrested several times and has also fled.
- Furthermore, on January 8, 2016, Pena Nieto issued a tweet announcing the capture of El Chapo by Mexican authorities in a shootout in the city of Los Mochis. Similarly, the president wrote, ‘Mission Accomplished, We have him.’ Similarly, in January 2017, the Mexican government extradited him to the United States on drug trafficking and other charges.