Facts of Dr Mike
|Full Name:||Mikhail Varshavski|
|Net Worth:||$2 million|
|Profession:||Family physician, YouTube personality|
|Education:||New York Institute of Technology (BS, DO)|
Dr Mike is a doctor who rose to prominence online thanks to his self-titled YouTube channel, where he posts videos about health and pop culture. Dr Mike’s YouTube channel has over 6.42 million subscribers. Similarly, he was named the Sexiest Doctor Alive in People Magazine’s 2015 Sexiest Man Alive edition.
How old is Dr Mike?
Dr. Mike is 31 years old. He was born on November 12, 1989, in Saransk, Soviet Union. His full name is Mikhail Varshavski. He is of Jewish descent and of American nationality.
Similarly, his father was a physician, and his mother was a math professor. When he was five years old, he and his parents moved to Brooklyn, New York City, USA. His father had to attend medical school after relocating to Brooklyn because his degree from the Soviet Union was not recognized in the United States, while his mother took a job sweeping floors. He also has an older sister, Dasha, and nephews named Daniel, Steven, and Ari.
He grew up with his siblings in the midst of his family’s financial difficulties. The family used to live in a one-bedroom apartment and struggled to make ends meet. Buying a bag of chips was also difficult for him because he had to argue with his parents over even a quarter. Since he decided to become a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) early in his life.
As a child, he was exposed to osteopathic medicine because his father attended osteopathic medical school. He was also impressed by his father’s ability to use “Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment” (OMT) to help his patients.
He didn’t speak any other language than Russian during his first few days in the US. On the first day of school, he answered all of his teacher’s questions with the words “yes,” “no,” and “maybe,” until his teacher realized he couldn’t speak English. During his stay in the United States, she gradually began to learn to speak and write English.
Education of Dr Mike
As he entered high school, his friends began to refer to him as ‘Dr. Mike,’ and they came to him with sports-related injuries because they knew his father was a physician. After high school, he attended the ‘New York Institute of Technology,’ where he earned a bachelor’s degree in life sciences. He even completed an accelerated seven-year program in a medical school to obtain a professional doctorate.
While studying, he went to Israel with some of his friends. On one particular night, he decided to sleep in the desert with his friends near where the Bedouin monks had set up their camps. Due to his concern and lack of sleep, he began wandering beyond the campsite, only to be driven back because the locals did not appreciate his gesture.
During his first year of medical school, his mother died from leukemia. He was living alone at the time and returned to his father’s home to help him cope with the loss. His father’s primary struggles and ultimate success inspired him to achieve his goals. He is very close to his nephews, Steve, Dan, and Ari. On January 27, 2019, he even included his nephews in a YouTube video titled ‘Kids Ask Awkward Health Questions.’
How much is Dr Mike’s Net Worth?
Varshavski has also been nominated for social media fame. He was also nominated for Health and Wellness in the 2018 Shorty Awards. In 2019, he was nominated for the ‘Breakout YouTuber of the Year’ award at the 10th Annual Shorty Awards. Likewise, he won the 2020 Webby Awards for Education & Discovery, as well as Health & Fitness in the Social category.
In terms of earnings, he is a doctor as well as a social media personality who has made a good living. He has a popular YouTube channel and a net worth of $2 million.
Is Dr Mike dating someone?
Dr. Mike is most likely single at the moment. In terms of her previous relationships, he was previously linked to model and actress Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach, who was crowned Miss Universe 2015. Mike began dating Fox News reporter Jennifer Lahmers after splitting up with her. In one of the interviews, he stated that he does not believe in falling in love with someone solely based on their appearance.
On a personal note, he is a fitness enthusiast who often starts his day with a run with his pet dog Roxy. He even enjoys playing sports with his coworkers, such as tennis and basketball. He also holds a black belt in ‘Taekwondo,’ a Korean martial art. He also has a husky named Roxy.
How tall is Dr Mike?
Dr Mike is 6 feet 2 inches tall, or 191 meters. His other body stats are not currently available. He has a handsome tall personality that has attracted a large number of fan followers on his social media accounts. Likewise, he has black hair and green eyes.
Career line of Dr Mike
- Dr. Mike is a Russian-born American internet celebrity family medicine doctor. He rose to prominence after his Instagram account went “viral” after he was featured in Buzzfeed and People magazine’s 2015 issue of The Sexiest Doctor Alive.
- He also has a YouTube channel dedicated to medically themed entertainment.
- Similarly, he began his residency training and internship at ‘Overlook Medical Center.’ Then he joined the ‘Atlantic Health System’ in Chatham, New Jersey, and began practicing family medicine (FM).
- As a doctor, he believes in preventive care and educates his patients on minor lifestyle changes that can have a significant impact in the long run.
- He even began posting about the benefits of osteopathic medicine and positive lifestyle changes on his social media pages. In 2015, ‘Buzzfeed’ shared an article about him, which increased his notoriety. People magazine named him the ‘Sexiest Doctor Alive’ in November 2015.
- Mike became a social media sensation after being recognized by a well-known magazine.
- His Instagram account, which he started in 2012 to showcase his life as a doctor, went viral. After that, he used his social media fame to help others, particularly children. He founded ‘Limitless Tomorrow’ in late 2015 to provide scholarships to students.
- On August 18, 2016, he launched his self-titled YouTube channel to inspire, motivate, and advise his fans and followers. He even posted videos on how to reduce cancer risks and stress. As a result, he was invited to appear as a guest on ‘ABC’ network television shows such as ‘Nightline’ and ‘Good Morning America.’
- He has appeared on popular talk shows such as ‘The Doctors,’ ‘The Rachel Ray Show,’ and ‘Today.’
- In one of the interviews, he stated that the kinship he develops with his patients is what he enjoys most about being a doctor.
- In addition, he is proud of amassing millions of followers across social media platforms while performing his duties as a doctor. He stated that he was pleased to dispel the myth that in order to be successful in medicine, one must forego one’s social life and hobbies. And, as of now, he has set a good example with millions of followers on her social media accounts.
- He currently has over 3.9 million followers and subscribers on his Instagram page and YouTube channel. He even has thousands of followers on his verified Twitter page, which he started on June 17, 2013. She now has over 6.4 million Instagram followers.
- In July 2019, he raised awareness for the humanitarian organization Save a Child’s Heart by sharing a photo with the organization’s 5,000th patient while on a trip to Israel.
- In March 2020, he donated $50,000 worth of N95 masks in response to medical personnel shortages caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Dr. Mike believes in giving back to society through charity and other humanitarian efforts. He frequently uses his social media handles to raise funds for charitable causes. He had even shaved his head to show his support for the ‘St. Baldrick’s children’s cancer organization.’
- Then he urged his followers to donate money and promised to match the largest donation made via Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. He even creates inspiring tweets to motivate and encourage his fans and followers.