Facts of Choi Woo Shik
|Full Name:||Choi Woo Shik|
|Nationality:||South Korean, Canadian|
|Net Worth:||$1 million to $5 million|
|Height:||5 feet 11 inches (1.80m)|
Choi Woo Shik is a well-known Canadian-South Korean actor. Choi Woo Shik gained international acclaim for his roles in blockbuster films such as Train to Busan, Okja, and Parasite, among others.
How old is Choi Woo Shik?
Choi Woo Shik was born on March 26, 1990, and is 31 years old. Choi was born in Seoul, South Korea, but moved with his family to Coquitlam, British Columbia, and Vancouver, Canada. Choi Woo Shik was in fifth grade at the time. Woo Shik spent the next ten years in Canada. As a result, Woo Shik holds dual citizenship as a Canadian and a South Korean.
Woo Shik’s English name is also Edward. Choi, on the other hand, goes by the moniker “Eddie.” His Korean name is written as in the native language and as in Hanja. Choi’s name can also be spelled Choe U Sik when translated from Korean to English.
When it comes to his educational background, Choi Woo Shik attended Pinetree Secondary School for high school. Choi Woo Shik was in his third year at Simon Fraser University in 2011. Woo Shik’s parents allowed the then-21-year-old Choi to attend an acting audition in Korea at the time.
As a result, he made his debut in the South Korean entertainment industry. Choi Woo Shik studied cultural studies at Chung-Ang University in South Korea. There isn’t much information about Woo Shik’s family except that he has an older brother.
How much is Choi Woo Shik’s Net Worth?
Moving on, Choi Woo Shik’s net worth is estimated to be between $1 million and $5 million US dollars.
Is Choi Woo Shik single?
Choi Woo Shik is most likely single right now. The actor has not disclosed any information or made any social media posts that could indicate his current or previous relationships or affairs. The young actor appears to be more concerned with advancing his career than with his affairs and relationships.
How tall is Choi Woo Shik?
Choi Woo Shik’s height is approximately 5 feet 1114 inches or 1.81 meters, and his weight is approximately 66 kgs. Similarly, the actor’s chest-waist-biceps measurements are 38-32-14 inches. Choi Woo Shik is well-known for his innocent and dorky roles. Woo Shik also has dark brown eyes and hair of the same color.
Career line of Choi Woo Shik
- Choi Woo Shik is a well-known actor who rose to prominence after appearing in the films Train to Busan and Parasite. The latter was awarded the Palme d’Or at Cannes as well as the Academy Award for Best Picture. Woo Shik previously played the lead role in the film Set Me Free.
- In terms of his early career, Choi Woo Shik made his acting debut in 2011 with The Duo. He then took on the role of Special Affairs Team TEN detective Park Min-ho. Woo Shik returned to the series for the second season in 2013. Woo Shik appeared in the films Flu and Secretly, Greatly the same year. Woo Shik made his feature actor debut in these films.
- Similarly, Choi Woo Shik appeared in a number of TV drama series in 2012, including Rooftop Prince, Shut Up Family, and Drama Special – Culprit Among Friends.
- Woo Shik has also appeared in the TV drama series Who Are You?, You’re All Surrounded, You Are My Destiny, Pride – and – Prejudice, Dream Knight, Hogu’s Love, My Fantastic Funeral, Fight for My Way, The Package, and The Boy Next Door.
- Woo Shik performed the OST song Some Guys with Jang Ki Yong for The Boy Next Door. The young actor is still working on a drama project called That Year, We Are.
- Similarly, Choi Woo Shik played the lead character – Young Jae – in Set Me Free in 2014. In the same year, he played Guru, a brilliant hacker, in the film Big Match.
- Woo Shik worked in In the Room the following year. It is a Hong Kong-Singaporean film with a R rating.
- Choi Woo Shik eventually gained international acclaim with the film Train to Busan in 2016. It’s a zombie apocalypse action horror film. Gong Yoo, Jung Yu-mi, and Ma Dong Seok are among the well-known South Korean actors in this blockbuster film. Furthermore, on May 13, 2016, this film had its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Then, in 2017, Woo Shik portrayed Kim Goon, a truck driver, in Okja. Bong Joon-ho directed this film, which also starred Scottish actress Tilda Swinton and American Paul Dano. Woo Shik went on to work on films such as Golden Slumber, The Princess and the Matchmaker, The Witch: Part 1. The Subversion, Monstrum, and Rosebud in the years that followed.
- Choi Woo Shik has also appeared in reality shows such as Real Mate in Australia, Rooftop Prince Trio, Beating Hearts, Law of the Jungle in Nicaragua, Summer Vacation, and Youn’s Stay. The actor has also appeared in a few music videos, including IU’s My Old Story, DAY6’s Congratulations and You Were Beautiful, and Im Seulong’s That Moment.
- Woo Shik later collaborated with director Bong Joon-ho on the 2019 film Parasite. In this black comedy thriller film, Woo Shik played Kim Ki-woo/Kevin.
- Similarly, some well-known South Korean actors appear in this film, including Song Kang-ho, Lee Jung Eun, Lee Sun Kyun, Jang Hye-jin, Cho Yeo Jeong, and Park So-dam.
- Furthermore, this film had its world premiere on May 21, 2019, at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival. Parasite became the first South Korean film to win the Palme d’Or at Cannes. This was also the first film to win with a unanimous vote since Blue Is the Warmest Color in 2013.
- At the 92nd Academy Awards, this film, Parasite, also won four major awards. Furthermore, Parasite was the first South Korean film to be nominated for an Academy Award. It is also the first film to win “Best Picture” in a language other than English.
- Furthermore, the cast of Parasite received the award for “Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture” at the 26th Screen Actors Guild Awards. Choi Woo Shik, in addition to playing Ki-woo in this film, also sang the end credits song Soju One Glass. This song has been nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Song.