Facts of Chaka Khan:
|Full Name:||Chaka Khan|
|Net Worth:||$30 million|
|Height:||5 feet 4 inches (1.63m)|
Chaka Khan is a singer and songwriter from the United States who has received ten Grammy Awards. Chaka Khan is best known as the lead vocalist of the 1970s band Rufus. Similarly, she is known as the Queen of Funk in music. Chaka Khan’s 12th studio album, Hello Happiness, with the title song Chaka Khan – Hello Happiness, was released on January 14, 2019.
How old is Chaka Khan?
Chaka Khan was born on March 23, 1953, in Chicago, Illinois, in the United States. Her full name is Yvette Marie Stevens. Chaka’s zodiac sign is Aries, and she is of American nationality. Her father’s name is Charles Stevens, and her mother’s name is Sandra Coleman.
Chaka grew up in Hyde Park with her four siblings, Taka Boom, Kathleen Burrell, Tammy McCrary, and Mark Stevens. Chaka was the eldest child in a family of five siblings. She is now 68 years old. Taka Boom, her sister, is a successful female R&B and dance music singer in America. Her brother, Mark Stevens, is a musician and former member of Aurra.
Chaka completed elementary school at Saint Thomas the Apostle Church. In 1969, she dropped out of Calumet and Kenwood High Schools. She also studied music at Berklee College.
What is Chaka Khan’s Net Worth?
Khan has ten Grammy Awards and an estimated 70 million records sold worldwide. She has been nominated for 22 Grammy Awards, including three as a member of Rufus. She also had four gold singles, four gold singles, and two platinum albums with Rufus.
In addition to the BET and World Music Awards Lifetime Achievement Awards, the soul singer/songwriter has received the prestigious UNCF Award of Excellence for her exceptional achievements in the music industry. In addition, on September 27, 2011, Khan and her former band Rufus were nominated for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Khan’s net worth is estimated to be in the $30 million USD range. Furthermore, her primary source of income is her music career. Aside from that, the average salary for a musician or artist in the United States is around $39k. Furthermore, Chaka earns even more money from her singing, endorsements, shows, and other endeavors.
Is Chaka Khan Married?
Chaka Khan married Doug Rasheed in 2001. Khan previously married Richard Holland in 1976 and divorced him in 1980. She married Hassan Khan in 1970, when she was 17 years old. They later divorced. She has two children: Indira Milini Khan, a daughter, and Damien Holland, a son.
On September 24, 2004, Chaka’s son Damien Patrick Holland murdered Christopher Bailey, a 17-year-old rap artist. Holland murdered Christopher with an M-16 assault rifle because he didn’t want Christopher talking to his girlfriend. Khan and her son, Holland, paid more than $1.3 million to Christopher’s family and were released in May 2006, following a two-year jury trial.
What is the Height of Chaka Khan?
Chaka has dark brown eyes and black hair. Her height is 5 feet 4 inches, and she weighs about 75 kilograms. Aside from that, her body measurements are unavailable.
Career Line of Chaka Khan
- Chaka was 11 years old when she and her sister formed the Crystalettes, a girl group. Yoruba Baba gave her the name Chaka Adunne Aduffe Hodarhi Karifi when she was 13 years old.
- She began performing with Cash McCall’s group Lyfe, in which her first husband, Hassan Khan, was also a member. She asked to join the band Baby Huey and the Babysitters, but they disbanded after a year.
- Chaka joined the band Rufus in 1972, replacing singer Paulette McWilliams. Ike Turner, a musician, offers this band the opportunity to record at his studio Bolic Sound in Inglewood, California.
- On the ABC Records label, they released their self-titled debut album in 1973. Stevie Wonder’s Rufus Tell Me Something Good charted at number three on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1974. This song has earned them a Grammy Award.
- Rufus released six platinum-selling albums between 1974 and 1979. She reunited with Rufus again in 1979 for the song Do You Love What You Feel from the album Masterjam. She also performed with Tony Maiden.
- Khan’s solo career began in 1978, when she signed with Warner Bros. Chaka, her first solo debut album, and the first single I’m Every Woman, composed by Ashford and Simpson, were released.
- Between 1981 and 1982, she released three solo albums: Whatcha’ Gonna Do for Me, Echoes of Era, and Chaka Khan. I Feel for You, Khan’s sixth studio album, was released in 1984. This album catapulted her solo career to new heights, reaching No. 1 in the United Kingdom.
- The album peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100 in December 1984, where it remained for 26 weeks. It also reached No. 1 on the Cash Box chart and won the Grammy Award for Best R&B Song in 1985.
- Chaka’s other albums include Destiny in 1986, CK in 1988, The Woman I Am in 1992, ClassiKhan in 2004, and Funk This in 2007. Hello Happiness, her first album in twelve years, was released on February 15, 2019.
- Furthermore, in November 2019, Khan and Ariana Grande collaborated on the song “Nobody” from Charlie’s Angels’ soundtrack.