Facts of Carol Kirkwood
|Full Name:||Carol Kirkwood|
|Height:||6 feet 5 inches (1.96m)|
|Profession:||TV Weather presenter|
Carol Kirkwood is a Scottish weather presenter for the BBC’s Breakfast show. Carol Kirkwood took part in the 2015 series of Strictly Come Dancing.
How old is Carol Kirkwood?
Carol was born Caron Mackellaig on May 29, 1962. By birth, the Morar, Inverness-shire resident is a Gemini. Carol was born into a large family and grew up with 7 siblings. She is the daughter of Malcolm MacKellaig, who ran a hotel in Morar with his family. Regrettably, he died when Carol was still a child. Carol, on the other hand, grew up surrounded by unconditional love from her mother and siblings. However, their names are unknown. She is 58 years old.
Education of Carol Kirkwood
Carol excelled in school since she was a child. She attended a private school with her siblings in her early years. She attended Lochaber Hig School for high school, where she prepared for further education. To further her education, she relocated to Edinburgh and enrolled at Napier College of Commerce and Technology. She received her bachelor’s degree in commerce from this institution.
How much is Carol Kirkwood’s Net Worth?
The well-known TV host stands out from the crowd because she genuinely enjoys her job. Kirkwood has won the Television and Radio Industries Club Award for best TV Weather Presenter a total of nine times. She received her first award in 2003, followed by two more in 2008 and 2009. Furthermore, from 2012 to 2017, she won the award six times in a row. Similarly, on November 17, 2015, Princess Anne presented her with an Honorary Fellowship at Inverness College for “contributions to broadcasting.”
Carol has achieved both fame and fortune as one of the most well-known weather forecasters in the United Kingdom. She earns around $400 thousand dollars per year. As of 2020, she has a net worth of $5 million.
Does Carol Kirkwood have a Husband?
Carol married Jimmy Kirkwood in 1986. They were together for about 25 years. Even after such a long time, the marriage did not succeed. Even when they were together, the two did not have any children. Finally, in 2012, they divorced. Carol has been living alone in Maidenhead, Berkshire, since then.
How tall is Carol Kirkwood?
Kirkwood, 58, appears on TV every day and still looks stunning. She is a tall woman, standing 6 feet 5 inches tall. She weighs about 58kg. Her body structure is in good shape, as evidenced by her measurements of 38-28-29. With these physical characteristics, she appears to be a model. She also has blond hair and fair skin tone, and her extraordinary blue eyes add to her beauty.
Career line of Carol Kirkwood
- Carol began working as a secretarial reserve for the BBC in London shortly after graduating. She worked there in a variety of capacities before becoming a presenter on BBC Radio Scotland, then BBC Radio 2 and BBC Radio 4.
- After her marriage, she left the BBC to work as a training consultant for a management consultancy in Cheshire. She also worked with the TV channel Wire TV, which is now known as Windsor TV.
- Carol decided to return to the BBC in 1993, after only one year with the TV channel. This time, she was hired as a freelance presenter at the corporation’s Elstree Studios training department. She was also a regular on HTV West’s bi-monthly program Talking Issues at the time.
- Carol left Elstree Studios after three years to join The Weather Channel’s new UK operation in 1996. However, it was quickly shut down.
- As a result, she joined the Met Office for training before joining BBC News in April 1998 as a weather presenter. Since then, she has appeared on all of BBC Weather’s radio and television output, including BBC News, BBC World News, and BBC News at Six.
- Despite being a part of all of these news programs. Carol is the main presenter on BBC Breakfast. Despite the fact that the show was relocated from London to MediaCityUK in Salford in 2013, she continues to present from London via video link.
- She is also a regular contributor to The One Show, The Weather Show, and The Great British Weather.
- Kirkwood announced in August 2015 that she would be competing in the 13th season of Strictly Come Dancing. In the show, which aired in September 2015, she was paired with professional dancer Pasha Kovalev. Carol demonstrated her amazing dancing ability on the show and advanced to the top ten.
- Her last appearance on the show was on the song “Man! I Feel Like a Woman!