Facts of Bernie Mac
|Full Name:||Bernie Mac|
|Net Worth:||$15 million|
|Height:||6 feet 2 inches (1.88m)|
Bernie Mac was a well-known American voice artist best known for his show ‘The Bernie Mac Show.’ Bernie Mac was an American stand-up comedian and actor. He had Sarcoidosis, a disease that caused tissue inflammation. Bernie died on August 9, 2008, at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, of a cardiac arrest.
How old is Bernie Mac?
Bernie Mac was born on October 5, 1957, in Chicago, Illinois, and his full name is Bernard Jeffrey McCullough. Bernie was born into a large family where his grandfather was a Baptist church deacon. He grew up on Chicago’s South Side. Similarly, Bernie was the second child of Mary McCollough and Jeffrey Harrison.
Mac grew up with his single mother and grandparents. Unfortunately, Bernie’s mother died of cancer when he was a child. After that, he lost his father, brother, and grandmother, all while he was still very young. Bernie was of American nationality. Bernie Mac died of pneumonia on August 9, 2008. He was only 51 years old when he died.
Bernie received his education at the “Chicago Vocational Career Academy.” Later, he relocated to Florida and enrolled in the “Jesuit High School” in Tampa. He later returned to Chicago and graduated from Chicago Vocational in 1975.
How much is Bernie Mac Net Worth?
Bernie was nominated for an Emmy Award for his role in “The Bernie Mac Show.” He also received a “Television Critics Association Award” for the same show. Furthermore, the same show allowed him to win the “Prism Award” and the “Satellite Award.” The same show also gave him four NAACP Image Awards in the category of “Outstanding Actor In A Comedy Series.” Bernie had an estimated net worth of around $15 million at the time of his death in 2008.
Who is Bernie Mac married to?
Bernie married Rhonda Gore, his high school sweetheart, on September 17, 1977, when he was 19 years old. He attributes much of his success to her. The couple struggled in the early years of Bernie’s career. They also had a daughter, Je’Niece, and a granddaughter.
How tall is Bernie Mac?
Bernie stood 6.2 feet tall and weighed 90 kilograms. He had dark brown eyes and black hair. Bernie does not have any other body measurement information.
Career line of Bernie Mac
- Bernie realized the healing power of laughter after losing family members. As a result, he began telling jokes in the Chicago subway for spare change. Mac then began working at various odd jobs. Following that, he launched his own weekly variety show at Chicago Regal and joined the comedy club circuit in 1977.
- During his twenties and early thirties, he worked as a cook, bus driver, Sears delivery man, janitor, coach, professional mover, furniture mover, and UPS agent, in addition to doing stand-up comedy at clubs and parties on the weekends.
- Bernie’s career took off after he won the “Miller Lite Comedy Search.” He also appeared on the HBO television show “Def Comedy Jam.” Furthermore, he rose to prominence as a result of his participation in this show. He has also appeared in shows with comedians such as Dionne Warwick, Redd Foxx, and Natalie Cole.
- Bernie Mac has also appeared in films such as “Mo’ Money” and “Who’s The Man?” Bernie’s acting career began in 1992 with the role of a club doorman in the comedy Mo’ Money.
- Bernie was cast as Uncle Vester in the comedy film “House Party 3” in 1994. In the same year, he also appeared in the film “Above The Rim.” His comedies “The Walking Dead” and “Friday” were released in 1995. “Friday,” in which he played Pastor Clever, was a huge success, but “The Walking Dead” was a flop.
- Bernie appeared in a number of films between 1996 and 1999, including “How To Be A Player,” “Booty Call,” “B*A*P*S,” and “The Players Club.” His performance as Bundini Brown in “Don King: Only In America” received a lot of attention. In 2001, he appeared alongside Brad Pitt and George Clooney in the Hollywood blockbuster “Ocean’s Eleven.” In it, Bernie played a smooth con-artist who assisted co-stars George Clooney and Brad Pitt in high-profile heists.
- In 2003, Bernie appeared in three major motion pictures: “Head of State,” “Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle,” and “Bad Santa.” All three films were commercially successful. Bernie has also appeared in films such as “Mr. 3000” and “Ocean’s Twelve,” the 2005 sequel to the 2001 film.
- Bernie has also demonstrated his versatility by starring in films such as “Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa” and “Soul Men.” “Old Dogs” was the final film in which he played Jimmy Lunchbox. In this 2009 film, he co-starred with celebrities such as “John Travolta,” “Robin Williams,” and “Kelly Preston.” In addition, he appeared as a cameo in the film “Transformers,” which was released the same year.
- His most well-known work is “The Bernie Mac Show.” The show featured amusing incidents from Bernie’s life. The American audience adored him and his work, propelling Bernie to the ranks of the country’s best comedians. FOX aired the show from 2001 to 2006. Furthermore, this show portrayed Mac as a hesitant father to three adopted kids. It was also nominated for Emmys and Golden Globes.
- Bernie Mac has also written two books. They are his 2001 memoir, I Ain’t Scared of You: Bernie Mac on How Life Is, and his 2003 memoir, Maybe You Never Cry Again. His memoir detailed his impoverished childhood, strict upbringing, and his mother’s faith in him.
- After three months, the first two of Mac’s posthumous films, Soul Men and Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa, were released. After a year, his third and final posthumous film, Old Dogs, was released. The Bud Billiken Parade, which took place in Chicago on the day of his death in 2008, was even dedicated to his memory.
- On the day of his funeral, his hometown’s local television station, WCIU-TV, aired an exclusive television special, A Tribute to Bernie Mac. It also featured interviews with some of his former coworkers, including Camille Winbush, Chris Rock, Joe Torry, and some of his family members and close friends.